Accomplishments & Initiatives
- Our dedicated 36 food service employees provide approximately 2300 meals per day throughout the district.
- Menus: All menus are State and USDA approved.
- Health Inspection Reports: The six school kitchens in the district consistently receive excellent inspection reports.
- Serve Safe Certified: All kitchen managers and many food service employees are ServSafe Certified.
- School Nutrition Association: All kitchen managers, assistant managers and many other employees are certified by the School Nutrition Association.
- Farm to School: We currently work with local farmers through the Department of Defense Fresh Produce Program to obtain local produce.
- Dietetic Interns: Students training to become Registered Dietitians from Danbury Hospital join us throughout the year.
- Plow to Plate: The Food and Nutrition Services Department has partnered
with New Milford Hospital in their Signature Dish and Plow to Plate
Program. These include methods such as using whole ingredients,
limiting added fat, sodium and sugar using regionally and locally raised
- CT Grown Week: We participate yearly in CT Grown Week featuring locally grown and manufactured products.
- Whole Grain Challenge: In 2012
Food and Nutrition Services won honorable mention in a nationwide Whole
Grain Challenge for our initiatives in introducing students to whole
- Breakfast Challenge: In 2013
Food and Nutrition Services won a Breakfast Challenge sponsored by the
State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services for our
breakfast initiatives in grades K – 6.
- Healthier USSchool Challenge (HUSSC): Bronze Award Winner. This award recognizes schools that have created healthier school environments through the quality of food while providing both nutrition and physical education to promote healthy lifestyles.